Here’s a quick and easy recipe if you have less than five minutes to prepare dinner. Purchase some nice pizza dough (I like to get mine at Arizmendi but also buy it from Trader Joe’s in a pinch) or make it a day ahead of time. Let it sit out for at least 30 minutes, as room temperature dough stretches much more easily than cold dough. Spread about some olive oil on a baking sheet (if you’re using one) and then spread the dough on top. Purchase some fresh pesto or olive tampenade and spread it on top of the stretched dough. Then top with grated mozzerella and bake at 500 degrees for five to ten minutes. The baking time depends on how thin you make your crust. I like to serve these with a salad. That’s it.
My daughters love these pizzas, as do my husband and I. On days when work and life are too hectic to cook, this is a great way to get a hot dinner on the table.
1 pound of fresh pizza dough
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 8 oz container fresh pesto or olive tampenade
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Set dough out at least 30 minutes before baking so it gets to be room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
3. Cover pan with olive oil (if using a baking stone, skip this step).
4. Stretch dough onto pan or pizza stone.
5. Top with either pesto or tampenade.
6. Top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 5 – 10 minutes, or until bottom of the crust of browned but before the top is scorched.